Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 1: Flying to Fresno


As I sit waiting for my plane I have a few accomplishments to tell you about!

1. I changed my seat to prevent sickness during flight. As Ben would say, I informed someone of my extreme motion sickness like an adult would.

2. I put away AT LEAST 15 boxes full of stuff we obviously don't need. All in honor of our two month long house guest.

3. I lost 4 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks. All from eating correctly portioned meals and being more
active. Weight Watchers rocks! My goal is to lose 20 pounds. I am not even sure if this will be a healthy weight for me, but I did weigh that and felt very good about myself.

4. I finished my first full year of school with a 4.0 GPA. I am so proud of myself.

5. I have worked on developing positive relationships, being more confident in myself, and letting God work in me.

6. I am not wearing makeup for month. I need to feel beautiful without adding to myself. Notice no makeup AND naturally curly hair. I did put fake
tanner on, but only so I won't be tempted to tan in California and get SKIN CANCER!!!!! See my legs definitely look...tan? At least Ben didn't pull out the Lindsey Lohan nickname from when I decided to mystic tan myself to Amazon brown. By the way I took this picture in the airport and all these older fellows just looked at me with a lot of wonder and amusement.

That is all I can think of for now. It sure feels good to work hard to better the environment around you as well as yourself. Now, I am off to Fresno! I will be all by myself for two weeks working on learning science to become a better science teacher. The class is called: The solar neighborhood. I will keep you posted!

Steph

2 comments:

  1. I miss you. And I'm loving the no make-up month. I'm so glad to be your friend Stephanie. every time I read your blog posts I'm reminded of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, you are a woman of many diverse accomplishments. I especially applaud your fake-tan legs. Have fun by yourself for two weeks!

    ReplyDelete