Monday, February 22, 2010

Cats like Citrus


Today I baked a cake of lemon. I put copious amounts of lemon in every part. I put 1/2 cup of lemon juice in the cake and 1/2 cup lemon juice in the frosting. Somehow it was still not enough... First I thought to add grapefruit juice to the cake, but instead I made the frosting pure sour! I added more lemon juice to the frosting, and behold perfection! Once it was baked I put the frosting on top. It melted into a perfect layer. I ate a tiny little slice that made my face scrunch up. (just to test)


It was just perfect.

My kitten took a few bites. (without permission)

She thought it was just delicious. (purrrrrr)

If you would like a piece come on over!

Bring some tums...

And maybe some chocolate milk...

Sincerely,
An avid cake maker eater devotee and dictator

Recipe:
Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
Follow directions, BUT substitute 1/2 cup water with lemon juice
Frosting: a mountain of powdered sugar, some butter, lemon juice, and 1-2 drops yellow food coloring. Mix, add powdered sugar to thicken. Put on cake while still hot from oven. The white is the frosting without yellow food coloring.

1 comment: